The People of "Gilmore Girls"
Above: Rory and Lorelai.
By now you've probably figured out there are some pretty influential people on "Gilmore Girls." Well, here's your chance to learn everything possible that I know about them.
Here is the entire cast of characters:
- Lorelai Gilmore is a thirty-two-year-old inn manager.
- Rory is Lorelai's daughter.
- Sookie St. James is an accident-prone chef.
- Lane Kim is Rory's best friend. She comes from a super-strict Korean family.
Above: Lorelai inserts herself into a conversation between Lane and Rory.
- Michel Gerard is the French concierge at Independence Inn.
- Luke Danes owns a coffee shop in Stars Hollow.
- Paris Geller attends Chilton with Rory. She is Rory's enemy.
- Tristan Dugray is Paris' friend.
- Mr. Medina is Rory's English teacher.
- Miss Patty is the local dance teacher. She knows just about everything about everyone in town.
- Emily and Richard Gilmore are Lorelai's parents. Rory and Lorelai go to their house once a week for dinner.
In return, they help to pay for Rory to go to Chilton.
- Rachel is Luke's girlfriend. In "Concertus Interruptus," Lorelai steals her sweater from a rummage sale pile. Then Rachel shows up, in "Star-Crossed Lovers and Other Strangers." She is, in a few words, a curly-haired, perky, photographer. Lorelai got her a drawer in Luke's apartment (whoo-hoo!). She later leaves, in the season finale, "Love and Daisies and Troubadours."
- Christopher is Rory's dad. He doesn't live with the family and talking about him is a no-no. He came for a visit, once in "Christopher Returns" and in "Presenting Lorelai Gilmore." In the second of those two, he had a girlfriend and a steady job.
Above: Babette Dell talks with Rory as Lorelai fixes coffee.
- Morey and Babette Dell are Lorelai and Rory's neighbors. They have a cat, Apricot, and used to have one named Cinnamon.
Cinnamon died, and everyone in town attended the funeral.